Friday, September 3, 2010

Gettin' Painted Up

Football season has started. Just imagine, you get there 3 hours early and set up your tailgate. Mmm, does it smell good all ready, hotdogs, hamburgers, bbq...yum and so much more. TV's are blaring, conversations are constant, "who is going to start", "yeah I heard that", and things of the sort. Families, friends and classmates just enjoying a great saturday.

After stuffing your face for a few hours and check all the scores you roll into the game. You go to the gate, you get your ticket torn and you head to your seat (which you have sat in for years) and you look to your right toward the student section and you see this...


"What the heck?" To many this is a true Clemson fan. There are students who have spent hours (or days) to paint themselves up for every game. Rain or shine, hot or cold, regardless of what is going on...this is them on game day. You may even be this person and ode to you, this is skill and dedication.

I use to think this was crazy and I felt bad for the person who was next to them and got paint all over the side of his/her arm. Once I became a Clemson student though I wished I had that dedication. I wished I was that cool.

This is one of the messy ways to be an ultimate fan. This is stepping out of the box, especially this guy, he didn't just paint up orange or purple he has style, he tiger striped it up. I am not going to lie, I really want a pair of those sunglasses (hint hint).

So you want to be an ultimate fan, buy a gallon of (orange) paint and I will see you on TV tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. I painted up every game as an undergrad '05 - '09 and as a grad student '10. I believe that was the last Carolina v Clemson game I attended in Death Valley. As you can see on the scoreboard we were killing them in the rain and cold.

    Glasses can be found at Knickerbocker's DT if you are still looking.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete